Nothern SpainLa Rioja
DMC Bilbao & Basque Country, Galicia, Cantabria, La Rioja, Asturias, Navarra, Aragón
The green Spain
Northern Spain builds a big contrast to the rest of the Spanish peninsula. The landscape here is not characterized by tones of yellow and brown but one can find predominantly tones of green on lush lawns and dark forests. The green Spain is composed by the states Galicia, Asturias, Cantabria, Navarra, Aragon, Rioja and the Basque Country. The famous St James Way crosses Northern Spain and is lined by magnificent buildings of roman architecture.
The kitchen of northern Spain is regarded as the best of the country, not to forget the excellent red wines of La Rioja.
Suggestions for Travel Packages:
- Visit of the places Santander, Comillas, Santillana del Mar and the Caves of Altamira
- Visit of Europe’s biggest national park “Picos de Europa”
- Wine trip through La Rioja
- On the traces of Hemingway in Galicia
- Visit of the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao